Saturday, January 13, 2007

Never Too Early

It probably won't be until summertime at the beach when I pass by one of those kiosks where they airbrush the T-shirts for anyone who "Luvs Trish 4Eva" or "Trashed The Seashell Resort '07!"

I got to thinking tonight: It's never too early start looking forward to your children's education -- you know, that thing they can never take away from you (but that you can't give back, either).

So, I figure I'll get a shirt made up for my 3 year old son.

"Senior Class Of 2021."

With some catchy phrase like "Droppin' It Like It's Hot In Da' Oh Two One."

That's sure to make all those '07 Seniors walking around in their T-shirts feel pretty ancient all of a sudden.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my, IIIII feel old! But this is the funniest thing EVAH!!!

Katie said...

Hahaha ;)

~Belle

Jay said...

That's great. Class of 2021. Might as well go ahead and get him the Harvard Sweatshirt now too.

Anonymous said...

what if he's really super smart (like Indian smart) and he graduates from high school at the age of twelve?

Don't make your move just yet man. This is a waiting game. Be patient.

eric said...

you mean gamecock sweatshirt. ;)

or you know, duckie, he could be held back a year. that would be an embarrassing shirt then.

e+

Jay said...

If his wardrobe is going to be that anticipatory, I sure hope you've got a college fund to back it up!

Cindy-Lou said...

Your son is really, really cute. Really. But I think "dropping it like it's hot" will be out of rotation by then.

eric said...

scholarships, jay. that or i'll just have him sneak into classes like he belongs.

cindy ... i think we're ok, because he's wearing the shirt NOW and he's actually representin' da oh two one AS WE SPEAK. it's one of those marvels of the space-time continuum. he's droppin' it like it's hot now AND then. i'm open to suggestions, though.

btw, my oldest son took this picture.

e+

Tink said...

That's awesome! It's never too early. I had my little brother making gang signs at two.

I'M KIDDING!!

I had him doing the circle and punch game. That, and posing for blackmail pictures. He'll never live the one down where he's wearing Mom's bikini.

Anonymous said...

we have a blackmail picture of a boy in a ballerina dress (no, not me). he can never escape it.

e+

Jon said...

It is impressive how much energy little guys can put into a smile.

Anonymous said...

t-shirts like that are symbolic of so much and at the same time so little depending on one's perspective.

t-shirts can be interesting.

dan

Beth said...

Making them feel ancient is a worthy goal, in my view.

eric said...

i agree with all of you.

speaking of droppin' it like it's hot ... those new volkswagon commercials are awesome.

e+