Tuesday, September 06, 2005

56 Cents

Whoever this was, they must have been pissed:





"Holy! ... Newpapers are saying gas stations might have to shut down because the pipeline from Louisiana that provides most of the gas to the Southeast is out of order?

Screw it. Gasoline $3.12 a gallon and the gas station doesn't even have any 3's for the first digit?



I'll pay it."

Click. Beep, beep, beep.

"Yeaaaah, baby. Flow. Just look at the gallons and not the dollars ..."

... .007 ... .087 ...

"... I'll pass by those ravenous, petroleum-deprived SUVs stalled beside the highway and drink in the smug justice of it all" ...

... .180 ...

... "Oh, the sweet science of panic-buying" ...

... .185 ...

... "Suckas!" ...

... .187 ...

... click.

"56 cents. Damn."

11 comments:

Sonny0519 said...

Hey just looking around. Cute blog, very funny. I'll check back later.

dan said...

fuel in the u.k. is hitting one pound a litre, which makes it about 4 pounds a gallon, about 7.36 u.s dollars per gallon.

people are still filling their 4x4's with it. people are stupid.

mainiax said...

we are paying about 3.15 a gallon in Maine. My uncle owns the station and has been trying to keep the prices down. But he doesnt give family discounts dammit. He did tell me he expects it to come back below 3 by the end of the week. I'll believe it when I see it.

Jay said...

That is so ridiculous.

Spo said...

dude my whole tank of petrol costs $12 out here!

Jon said...

At last things have started to slide down, to the high $2 range.

It makes me happy to drive the skateboard.

eric said...

there he is! guys, if you're looking for someone totally committed to ripping george w. a new one, john's your guy.

so you drive a skateboard? you're a big dude. i'd like to see that. :)

dan, that's nuts. but at least you guys are more dense and don't have this suburban nightmare we have here.

mainiax, i think the station owners aren't really gouging or anything. it's just the economics of it all. at least in this case.

jay, i'm interested in how much gas is in canada. is it cheaper?

spo, sounds like dan should move to jakarta. hell, me too!

jyny, paper? ghetto is certainly the best term to describe that. almost reminiscent of strip club or some other seedy establishment.

e+

dan said...

we're dense in more ways than one...

Anonymous said...

I was going to sell my 2 door Honda cuz I need a bigger vehicle for real estate...but not anymore. I am happy with it now. My clients can meet me at places if they want!

eric said...

rich, that's ... is that a lot?

dan, i saw that coming.

amber, i wish we still had our honda civic stick-drive.

e+

dan said...

i thought you might