Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shapes

I see living things if I ever see anything in the clouds.

The plumes of atmosphere take infinite forms, smooth and fluid and textured.

I don't look into the clouds much, because I know I'm going to be staring into a reflection of myself.

The possibilities for imagining the beauty of the world are endless.

Try as I might, I don't.

The animals and personifications that emerge in the shades of pink and white are either dying or fighting to defend themselves or killing something.

I can't will myself into seeing what I want to see, or at least what I wish my mind would naturally summon.

Maybe one day I'll return to seeing what I saw as a child

Until then I'd rather just see nothing more than clouds.

P.S. Or what if I see a red cooler and a light blue beach body board on the other porch, looking to be having a conversation over cigarettes that looks like a love connection, and she looks like a Monsters Inc. character and he looks to be a mellow Power Ranger ...?

No comments: