Monday, February 02, 2009

X

At 8 years old, my son isn't sophisticated enough nor has he had the experience yet to use the Internet/text message shorthand.


However, his experience with simply Googling pictures of fake wrestlers and playing video games has developed in him a secondary language of sorts.


When we quit something or get rid of something, we "X-out of it."


I love it.


"Tyler just X-ed out of doing his homework."


Or something like that.


So I guess today our cat is at the vet having his balls "X-ed" out.


I feel bad for the little guy -- because he's actually pretty likeable as far as cats go -- but there's already one cat for every satellite dish in this neighborhood.


In fact, I almost X-ed one out with my truck on the way to work this morning.


3 comments:

dan said...

Oddly enough, my nine year old niece "crosses" out of everything.

Let's face it, the children of today are shaping the language of the future.

Rick Rockhill said...

great expression, I need to start using that one.

Anonymous said...

It's multi-generational. I taught my mother, in her late 70's, to use a computer. We now talk about "red-x'ing" stuff.

Trey