Thursday, July 10, 2008

I Really Need To Unplug That TV Outside

Shouldn't the show's title be ... "Are You At Least As Smart As A 5th Grader?"

Because nobody's won the million yet, and even if they had, who's to say the kids couldn't answer questions above their grade level?

Or maybe we can only know if a contestant is smarter than a 5th grader if one or more of the 5th graders fails to answer the right question.

And how many questions would the kids have to get wrong -- and how many would have to get the questions wrong -- for the contestant to quantifiably be smarter than a 5th grader?

It seems like the show's rigged so that the kids' feelings never get hurt.

Even if they get it wrong, they can take solace that you wouldn't do any better. And they wouldn't recognize otherwise if you were.

Unless you win the million.

Let's see how a "Jeopardy" champ would do.

Or maybe the champ would freeze given the chance to lose more than $100,000 if he's wrong about whether the sun is 10,000 or 1 million degrees.

Which I was.


4 comments:

Jay said...

I just can't watch that show. Watching those people miss such simple questions and then my missing such simple questions is just too much for me.

Nikky said...

I HAVE a 5th grader, kicks my butt every time we happen upon that show... which is less often than she'd like. She would compete, um, I mean WATCH that show 24/7 if she could... as long as her dad or I are there feeling stupid next to her!

dan said...

happen they should learn to spell favourite.

Cindy-Lou said...

People don't watch that show to see someone win. They watch it to see someone fail.