Monday, May 26, 2008

It's Alliteration, So It Must Be Good

"And, Bob, if you take a live look now at the line at the local gas station here this Memorial Day weekend you'll see the cost of a gallon of gas nearing $4 and causing some serious pain at the pump ..."

I swear, if I hear that phrase one more time ...

BOOM!

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?
You were saying something about ... "pain at the pump?"

Oh, you were finished. Well allow me to retort ...


... say "pain at the pump" again!

SAY "PAIN AT THE PUMP" AGAIN!

I dare you!

I DOUBLE dare you, MOTHERFUCKA!

SAY "PAIN AT THE PUMP" ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME!


9 comments:

Rusty said...

I read through once, then re-read it with my Samuel L impersonation. The last line, with a deliberate pause between god and damn, was the most fun for me.

dan said...

but the pain isn't at the pump, it's at the cash till. "the torture at the till" sounds much more infuriating and apt to incur the wrath of jules.

Jay said...

Are gas prices high? I hadn't noticed. ;-)

Tink said...

More like pain IN the pumpS. I've decided that I'm going to start walking to work if gas gets much higher. I figure if I leave by five, I can get to work by three the next day.

Cindy-Lou said...

PAIN AT THE PUMP!

See, I'm no chicken.

eric said...

well check out the big brain on cindy ...

Katherine Zander said...

And here I am without my snake.

Pity.

Rick Rockhill said...

sums it up quite well, I'd say

eric said...

i wouldn't screw with you and that snake.